If you join the campaign
1. If you have a Cafe on site offering a discount/incentive then we will send you a pack containing a poster and window sticker.
2. We will geo-tag your organisation location on our live interactive map to help promote and if you send us a fun photo we can promote on our website and social media.
3. Your organisation will benefit from cost savings through
reduced disposable cup/lid expenditures.
4. It will help reduce your litter and landfill, cutting long-term waste collection costs.
5. It will help reduce your carbon, water, paper, and oil footprint in your area.
6. It will make a significant addition to your Corporate Social Responsibility through community and employee pride, public awareness of waste and litter.
If you offer compostable cups then you will need provide on-site compost bins and communicate to people why they need to use them instead of general waste.
How to introduce a Campaign in your workplace or organisation
Behaviour breeds behaviour so the more of us that use reusable cups the more likely there is going to be a positive outcome.
Make contact with the following departments if in your organisation, Green Team, Procurement, HR and CSR to set up a campaign.
If you don’t have a green team, think about setting one up with a team of volunteers in your own department or across a few, there are always people who are interested in environmental issues.
Once you have a few people on board your committee could issue a newsletter to educate people about our campaign and the issues about disposable cups.
You could do some research in your workplace to see how many disposable cups are consumed.
You could have a week where everyone has to dispose of their cups in a certain area and then at the end of the week the visual impact of this will be evidence of the waste.
Organise a lunchtime event to highlight the campaign and you could also ask people to sign a pledge to carry a cup or use a ceramic when sitting in. Make it fun, taking photos and having a competition (see if your organisation will fund some cups).
If you have a tendering process for catering services in your organisation then you could suggest to procurement that in future it includes a policy on joining our campaign, using only ceramic cups or reusables and ditching the disposables. They may even want to look at composting their spent coffee beans.
Look at introducing a ban on disposables in your workplace….A year of disposable cups.
If you would like to stock reusable cups you might find the following links to wholesalers helpful.
There are numerous retailers around the country including independent Cafe’s, Cafe chains and On-line stores can also be found in Ireland.
Talk to us, we may have some promotional aids to help you out and we may even be able to come and help you launch a campaign.
You might get a few ideas from this link by Keep Cup on various case studies.
Cork University College, a successful disposable cup free zone