Organisations who join the campaign…
If your organisation has an on-site Cafe offering a discount/incentive then we can send you a pack containing a poster and window sticker.
- We will geo-tag your organisation location on our live interactive map to help promote and if you send us a fun photo we can promote on our website and social media.
- Your organisation will also benefit from cost savings through reduced disposable cup/lid expenditures and it will help reduce your litter and landfill, cutting long-term waste collection costs.
- It will help reduce your carbon, water, paper, and oil footprint in your area.
- It will make a significant addition to your Corporate Social Responsibility through community and employee pride, public awareness of waste and litter.
If you offer compostable cups then you will need to provide on-site compost bins and communicate to people why they need to use them instead of general waste.
How to introduce a Campaign in your workplace or organisation
Behaviour breeds behaviour so the more of us that use reusable cups the more likely there is going to be a positive outcome.
- Make contact with the following departments if in your organisation, Green Team, Procurement, HR and CSR to help set up a campaign. If you don’t have a green team, think about setting one up with a team of volunteers in your own department or across a few, there are always people who are interested in environmental issues.
- Once you have a few people on board your committee then you could issue a newsletter to educate people about our campaign and the issues about disposable cups.
- You could do some research in your workplace to see how many disposable cups are consumed.
- Have a week where everyone has to dispose of their cups in a certain area and then at the end of the week the visual impact of this will be evidence of the waste generated.
- Organise a lunchtime event to highlight the campaign, ask people to sign a pledge to carry a cup or use a ceramic when sitting in. Make it fun, taking photos and having a competition (see if your organisation will fund some cups).
- If you have a tendering process for catering services in your organisation then you could suggest to the procurement department that in future it includes a policy on
- Joining the Conscious Cup Campaign
- Using only ceramic cups in your canteen and ditching the disposables
- Composting their spent coffee beans
- Look at introducing a ban on disposables in your workplace….A year of disposable cups.
You might get a few ideas from this link by Keep Cup on various case studies.
There are numerous retailers around the country including independent Cafe’s, Cafe chains and On-line stores can also be found in Ireland.
Here are some promotional tools to help you….
Cork University College Library a successful disposable cup free zone